Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Goal

Aight. I want to start posting more often. I really have a lot I want to share I am just to lazy to sit down and organize my random thoughts.
School has been uber boring. I have never had an 'office' or '9-to-5' job. (Shout out Dolly!) But we are now in the off season so we have empty schedules for months!
[I guess it is important to clarify that I do not work at a school. I work at an English Camp. We have schools rent us and our facilities and we just teach out of a short book and do 'Theme Classes' that last 40-or-so minutes and just share random 'theme in English. Mostly we are there to just talk with the kids. To show them how to interact with a native English speaker. Mostly, we are just token English speakers. The kids are nervous, ecstatic, scared to speak to us. In a way I guess we humanize this complex subject they study-and-study.]

So real school just started so not too many schools are planning field trips to English Village. So we have to 'prepare.' I do not work well with broad instructions. For the past two days I'v interpreted 'prepare' to mean, watch CMT's 'Reba Giants' on youtube, email countless of friends from the past, and to prepare for a trip to Europe with my Social Studies department from Hardin! Oh, and I've done a little work but I can't just sit there and work.
Also, I suck at creating theme classes.
[I guess it is important to clarify that theme classes are random classes about anything. There is a class about cookies (where the kids make cookies), there is a class about sea mammals (where the kids make plastic phone charms with animals on them), there is a flight class (the kids make paper airplane and helicopters)...]
I could not make a theme class to save my life. I asked my coordinator if instead of creating a new theme class I could clean the classrooms. He thought I was joking so didn't answer me.
Luckily, English Village is renting me out (like a pimp and one of his prostitutes) ...renting me out to the local Middle School. We literally work on an island in the middle of nowhere. I think our address is: B.F.E.
I look forward to going to the Middle School. I miss having the same kids consistently. So, I get to go to Daebu-do Middle School on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The kids are fun. I wish I were a real teacher here... "Oh well, you can wish in one hand and..."



I also want to update in small quantities. it is hard for me to read a lot on the internet so I wont ask you to.
In .love.
Jp

2 comments:

  1. post long, post short. either way I enjoy reading. Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto! you always keep in interesting.
    p.s. when i first heard rebas new song ("on the radio") i was pretty sure she'd written it for you.

    ReplyDelete