Sunday, January 9, 2011

I dug through the trash for this!

We were practicing writing letters in class and one of my boys chose to write to me on his own accord. I usually encourage them to write to their parents or friends. This is the first kid to write to me.
He wrote this letter and while I was editing it I was fighting back tears. It made my heart feel so good.
After he finished I asked if I could keep it. I think he was embarrassed but I don't care. I laminated it then lost it. I was so sad. I thought another teacher accidentally threw it away while we were cleaning the classes. So i dug through five different trash cans to get it back. I didn't find it in the trash. My co-teacher had inadvertently picked it up and had it with all her stuff. I was so grateful to have it back. Now it is posted in my little cubical.
This is what it said:
Hello! Good afternoon, Justin Teacher?
I hope you have a good afternoon. Before I met you, I was afraid of foreign teachers. When I'm talking with foreign teachers I shiver, and also I don't like English. But now I can talk to you no shiver. And also you tell me so kindly. I'm always thankful for that.
I wish we will become friendly teacher and student.
Bye-
From, Nick

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. And it's what life's made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It attests to how you respect your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *heart swell* LOVE THAT! shows the power of an encouraging teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the holy spirits power emanates from you and it just happens to leak out while teaching! Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. but only when i am teaching. ;)

    ReplyDelete